How To Make Your Upholstery Cleaning In Bend OR Last
Getting your upholstery professionally cleaned is a great way to freshen up your home. It also makes a great gift for loved ones. But in between upholstery cleaning, you may have a few spills or accidents that can cause stains if they’re not properly cleaned up.
If you have any problems with your upholstery, you can call us any time and we’ll come professionally clean your upholstery. In between your once a year or so upholstery cleaning in Bend OR, there are some things you can do to keep it clean.
- Make sure you let your upholstery completely dry after cleaning. Using your furnishings before they’re dry will re-soil the upholstery. It can also cause mildew to grow up underneath the fabric or padded areas. Whether you have professional upholstery cleaning done, you try to do it yourself, or you’re just spot cleaning from a spill, let the area thoroughly dry before you ever attempt to use it.
- If you’re trying to take care of your upholstery cleaning yourself, don’t count on a hair dryer or fan to completely dry your upholstery. While the outside of the furniture upholstery fabric may be dried, you can’t guarantee that the inner areas of your upholstery are dry. Again, problems like mold can set in if you’re trying to use your furniture before it’s thoroughly dry.
- Don’t let your pets on your upholstery without protecting it first. Pet furniture protectors or even an old quilt is always better than nothing. Pets may treat your upholstery just fine, but you’ll still be exposing it to pet odors and stains from the oils in their hair or skin. Padded protectors are the best as they absorb any odors well and keep the furniture cleaner. There are furniture alarms and pet repeller furniture pads available as well to keep pets completely off the upholstery.
- Try a waterproof covering furniture pad. With pets or children, you can have a waterproof covering that fits over your upholstered furnishings. There are many types of waterproof coverings available to help you keep your upholstery in great shape.
- Immediately try to take care of any spills on your upholstery. This helps to avoid the problems with staining. Salt can help to absorb the liquids to avoid stains.
- Never rub at a spill on your upholstery to clean it up. Always use a clean, dry cloth and dab at the spill until it’s all absorbed. You can then take another clean cloth that’s moistened and dab at the spilled area to help remove the remaining liquid.
Keeping your upholstery clean can enhance your quality of living. Upholstery cleaning not only makes your furnishings look great, it helps to also rid your home of pollutants, dust, and other particles that aren’t healthy for you. Mildew is a huge problem with fabrics, so if you smell any mildew, be sure you’re getting it attended to by a professional Bend OR upholstery cleaning company.
As the leading upholstery cleaning company in the Bend OR area, Guarantee Carpet Cleaning can help you keep your upholstery and carpets in your home clean.