12 Steps To Expertly Cleaned Oriental and Area Rugs
- Pre-Inspect the condition of each oriental rug – look for fading, discoloration, stains, wear, pre-existing damage, color instability and odors. We determine the cleanability of each rug and the appropriate cleaning procedure to be used. (See note below)
- Pre Vacuum both the back and front side of each oriental rug – shaking and dislodging the loose particles: soil, sand, grit, dust etc. from the rug.
- Pre-Treat spots, spills and stains using the most advanced spotting techniques. (Some stains are permanent and not removable).
- Pre-Clean fringe by hand. (Wear and/or discoloration many not be reversible).
- Pre-Treat traffic and heavily soiled areas. (Discoloration due to wear, fading, or chemical reaction is not reversible.)
- Agitate, Dissolve, Suspend and Extract the ground in soils.
- Rinse to further remove soil and cleaning residue (to restore the natural feel).
- Restore the nap with special grooming tools. (Fiber wear or distortion is not reversible.)
- Comb the fringe and retreat as applicable. (Age disintegration is possible.)
- Dry the rugs in our climate controlled drying room. Drying time is less then 24 hours.
- Post Inspect to assure the best cleaning possible.
- Re-Treat any remaining spots and stains. (Some stains are not removable.)
NOTE: During step #1, pre-inspection – we may determine that additional steps beyond standard cleaning are necessary to restore your rug to its best possible appearance. Standard cleaning is done at our normal or quoted price. Unusually heavily soiled rugs, excessive spotting, by-hand cleaning, deodorization, and situations that require extra labor or materials may require an additional charge.