Why Clean Your Air Ducts, Bend, Oregon CA
Among the prime five motives for emergency area visits in 2008 was Colds/Flu and Asthma attacks for young children below 10. (Wolters-Kluwer Well being)
One particular out of every six folks who endure from allergies does so because of the direct relationship towards the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems. (Total Overall health & Better Well being Magazine)
90% of heating and cooling system failures are caused by dust and dirt. (Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
The elderly, asthmatics and men and women with respiratory problems, such as allergies and lung diseases, are additional sensitive to pollutants. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
1 millimeter of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can decrease it’s efficiency up to 21%. (Environmental Protection Agency)
Most fiberglass furnace filters are only 7% effective in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc.
(American Society of Heat, Ref., Ac. Engineers)
Most persons spend 60 to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association)
50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.(American College of Allergists)
The average six-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
Air pollution contributes to lung disease, which claims close to 361,000 lives in America just about every year and is the third-leading cause of death inside the United States. (American Lung Association)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ranks poor indoor air quality among the prime5 environmental risks to public health. (E.P.A.)
From NADCA.comAre there any health benefits that come from HVAC system cleaning?
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems have been shown to act as a collection source for a variety of contaminants that have the potential to affect well being, such as mold, fungi, bacteria, and very small particles of dust. The removal of such contaminants from the HVAC system and home should be considered as one component in an overall plan to improve indoor air quality.Will HVAC system cleaning reduce our home energy bills?
Research by the U.S. EPA has demonstrated that HVAC system cleaning may allow systems to run additional efficiently by removing debris from sensitive mechanical components. Clean, efficient systems are less most likely to break down, have a longer life span, and generally operate extra effectively than dirty systems.
How often should residential HVAC systems be cleaned?
Frequency of cleaning depends on several factors, not the least of which is the preference of the home owner. Some with the things that may lead a home owner to consider a lot more frequent cleaning include:
– Smokers inside the household
– Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
– Water contamination or damage towards the home or HVAC system
– Residents with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in the home’s HVAC system
– After home renovations or remodeling
– Prior to occupancy of a new home.
For the complete list of NADCA Residential Consumer FAQ’s visit: NADACA
A study conducted by Allergy Customer Review (reported at www.allergyconsumerreview.com/air-purifiers-furnace-filters.html) found that HVAC cleaning reduced airborne particulates by about 75% and contributed significantly to a reduction of allergy and illness symptoms within the building. Read the entire report here:
From PlanetServices.com: When HVAC systems need cleaning:Out of sight, out of mind is not a good excuse for avoiding the task. (http://www.plantservices.com/articles/2009/052.html)
According towards the EPA:
You should consider having the air ducts in your home cleaned if:
– There is substantial visible mold growth is present in hard surface (e.g., sheet metal) ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
– Ducts are infested with vermin (e.g., rodents or insects)
– Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and/or particles are actually released into the home from your supply registers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Do I really need my air ducts professionally cleaned?
A: You can’t afford not to! Duct cleaning performed by experienced Productive Technicians can:
• Improve the indoor air quality of your home
• Lower utility costs by improving airflow.
• Extend the life and improve the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning system
• Improve the wellness and well being of you and your family.
Q: How often should I have the ductwork cleaned?
A: Typically every 3 to 5 years. However, this frequency depends on the individual circumstances.
Motives to consider extra frequent cleanings would include:
• Residents with allergies or asthma
• Smoker inside the household
• Hair and dander from pets
Other motives to clean your ducts might include:
• Water or smoke contamination to the home
• Renovations or remodeling
• Purchasing an existing home
• Occupancy of a newly constructed home (construction debris)